Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 490

Thread: Random: Random subject thread (NOT insanity)

  1. #311
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where? lol, Why is she here? [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ September 07, 2004 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer7000 AKA Hyper ]</font>

  2. #312
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah... a bit early... ^_^
    Lord Tom... lol [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Thankz for the info Miguel.

  3. #313
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After some interesting article pointed out by Xellos, I've been reading Maddox's site. I had heard lots about it, but never bothered to check becuase I thought he was just a frustrated commie with too much time on his hands and a passion for ranting similar to mine. Turns out he did make a lot of sense in a lot of things, and he was a real computer geek (as in "smart person"). I felt I had to comment on this because very rarely somebody with a modified che gayvara picture in his page earns my respect. But I found it's a fun site with lots of rant. Although I don't share more than half of his points, I do find most of them respectable, and more than average hillarious points. I dislike his sexism though, even if done just for fun, he and has no taste for movies (I mean, Matrix does suck, but I Robot was the best movie Asimov could dream of, and I'm sure he would have loved it if he lived; it's all about the core rules he worked on ? and the results aren't what one'd expect). Besides this, I found some points plainly wrong ("Who the hell dies in a fire? How fast does the flame move anyway?" ? it's not about the flame, it's about the gas you inhale). But it was an overall good experience so I moderately recommend this website ? some articles more than others.

  4. #314
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To be honest, i don't think Maddox really believes most of the stuff he types, or at least exaggarates some of his views.

    I felt he does have a point that Men are pussies these days.

  5. #315
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  6. #316
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh this! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Ah! I remember... yeah. lol thnx anyway... ^^;;

  7. #317
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool sig OCB!! I've just noticed... lol
    Okay, I think it's time for some dumb questions... who's this Maddox guy?

  8. #318
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *BUMP*, this is one of my most successful threads &gt;_&gt;; .

    ????

    I'm considering joining the People's Party (Aznar/Rajoy's center-right party, and the only truly Spanish party) next year, there are several local projects I'd like to participate in, and who knows. Plus part of my family is already there.

  9. #319
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is also your most successful board. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    As for Maddox; he admits that what he does is satire. This sort of humour makes fun of the people who make a big deal out of certain issues (such as sexism, racism, and even movies and games) in the same way South Park and Family Guy do, rather than meaning to offend the subject itself. Maddox does this well, but as Wiseman says, better in some articles than others.

  10. #320
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe.

    Yeah, he can't be serious in every article, but I do think he's serious in some I've found to be utter truth. Either way he's a great writer. One of the things he likes to criticize is vegetarianism - something I am. Even when I totally disagree with what he says, he does it in a way I can't help but laugh, and that is awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •